Who is Kaiser Soze?

A very good question. Who is Kaiser Soze? Well, that would be me. And if you know otherwise, well, you're probably right.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Because I can

Ash nazg durbatuluk. Ash nazg gimbatul.
Ash nazg thrakatuluk agh burzum ishi krimbatul.

Okay, here's what I have figured out. Ash is one and nazg is ring (as in the nazgul). Atul is the verb ending signifying third person plural and is probably in the present tense. 'uk' is either a suffix adding the meaning of all or every onto the previous verb (it may be specific to atul) or the word for all which is simbly added to the end of the verb because it seems the Black Speech is a heavily aggrandized language (as is Quenya, its root tongue). Thus we can say durb means 'to rule,' gimb is 'to find,' thrak is 'to bring,' and krimb is 'to bind.' Agh is clearly and while burzum seems to me darkness (likely related to the Quenyan word for dark, 'mor'). Ishi is the only word I do not fully understand. I think it is the postposition for in, though in might be included in another word and ishi be an article for the.

Okay, so I was bored last night and sat down and figured this all out. How sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home