Who is Kaiser Soze?

A very good question. Who is Kaiser Soze? Well, that would be me. And if you know otherwise, well, you're probably right.

Monday, July 26, 2004

Can I hate it?

Am I allowed to dislike a movie for not being another movie?  I just finished watching the Magnificent Seven, and while it is a good western it does not do justice to Seven Samurai, the film it says it copies.  You can clearly see the similarities between the films, even the setup of certain scenes, but as a whole The Magnificent Seven feels very shallow and not as fulfilling as the Seven Samurai.  MS also has the problem of trying to fit the samurai code and honor into a western setting, and it is apparent where it does not work, because it does not work very badly.  Still, I can't say I would not recommend MS to anyone, but I would suggest that if you had three and a half hours to see Seven Samurai instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home